Can you configure multiple startup pages within a target?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
eichambers
Jr. Propeller Head

Can you configure multiple startup pages within a target?

Post by eichambers »

I have a client who wants to have minimal redundancy among support files in the doc set. To this end, I have organized the entire doc set in Flare 5 as a single project consisting of several books, including an online help for a tool. I know that this is not optimal, but I'm trying to accommodate the client's requirements.

This client wants to launch the docs from two topics: the root "doc set" topic as well as the "GUI help" for the tool. Topics would be launched via an URL and HTTP call rather than programmatically (e.g. inside Java). That would be fine except that only the startup topic has embedded links to launch the skin and its component parts - the GUI help launches only a simple HTML page, with none of the associated TOC, Index, toolbar, etc.

/docs.htm - root page that is the startup topic with links for the skin
/guiapp/index.htm - root tool help topic that has no links for the skin (not the startup topic)

Do you have any suggestions for how to best handle this situation? I'd like to tell my client that this is no problem, that we can successfully launch from both locations, but so far I've not found a solution. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Can you configure multiple startup pages within a target?

Post by NorthEast »

Use a CSH call, e.g.:

.../docs_CSH.htm#guiapp/index.htm

For more info, see the topic: Features > Output (Distributing) > Connecting WebHelp to Applications > Connecting WebHelp - Developers
(the URL method)