Problems with the Timeline Window

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
Regiolanthe
Jr. Propeller Head

Problems with the Timeline Window

Post by Regiolanthe »

I've been using Mimic (4.x) to emulate a Telnet/DOS-window session, with a bunch of commands in them. I use small black boxes to hide certain commands on-screen, and then reveal them when appropriate (as if user were entering command text).

Unless I'm missing something, I can't see the outlines of these graphical objects - and a black box is pretty hard to find on a black background.

In an attempt to make life easier, I've tried using the Timeline window to navigate between these elements, and set the various timing parameters on each one - so I can see how things appear/disappear on screen as the viewer goes through a tutorial.

Unfortunately, it seems like when I start dragging the Timeline window around the workspace to get it out of my way, it often blows up the entire timing for the frame. The display time for each object in the window gets (including the frame itself) gets set back to .1 second from whatever time value I had originally set. What's worse, if I don't happen to catch this reset - then I attempt to set an element-specific time before resetting the frame display time, I get various "out of range" errors and Mimic goes kerplooey.

Anyone else experiencing this and/or is this a known or reported issue? It's very aggravating.

Thanks,
Geo
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Problems with the Timeline Window

Post by SteveS »

Hi Geo,

Have you thought of using the autotype text boxes that add the text (along with a keyboard sound) for you?
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.