Problem creating a snippet

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
SDerrick
Jr. Propeller Head

Problem creating a snippet

Post by SDerrick »

I'm new to Flare. I'll beg forgiveness now for any upcoming stupid questions. :)

I have a list of product requirements that I want to reuse in other docs. The current doc, Requirement Specification, includes a modified h2 style for the req# and two p styles for description and dependencies. All three styles have auto-numbering to insert the required text. I am creating snippets of the req# and description. I have created the first 10 snippets with no problem. (I was a bit surprised that the auto-number text disappeared when the text became a snippet but I guess as long as it shows up in the output, it's not too much of an issue.)

Req# 11 is not working. The menu option "Create Snippet..." stays grayed out. Initially, the only things different in this req was a table and a Xref landing tag. I thought the Xref tag might be the problem so I moved it. That didn't help. Now I have the h2 and the description para, which includes a table. If I select only the h2 and description text, then the menu option is active. As soon as I select the table, the menu goes gray.

Any suggestions?

Sally
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Problem creating a snippet

Post by NorthEast »

Welcome to the forums.

Well, I can't say why Flare isn't happy creating the snippet, but I know it occasionally does the same sort of thing when creating drop-downs too.

Anyway, all I would suggest just to create the snippet first, then cut and paste the content from the topic into the snippet.
SDerrick
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Problem creating a snippet

Post by SDerrick »

Thank you, Dave. That did work, of course.

Sally