Condition tags and ordered list numbers

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
kcann
Propeller Head

Condition tags and ordered list numbers

Post by kcann »

Hello,

I am replacing my procedure tables with ordered lists. When I set a condition tag on the <li> and exclude that condition from the target, the list number still appears in the output. Is there any way to hide the number when the condition is excluded?

(I cannot use auto-numbers instead because they seem to create tables in the output, which I am trying to avoid.)

Thanks!

Karen
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Condition tags and ordered list numbers

Post by LTinker68 »

kcann wrote:When I set a condition tag on the <li> and exclude that condition from the target, the list number still appears in the output. Is there any way to hide the number when the condition is excluded?
Are you sure you applied the condition tag to the <li> tag and didn't just select the text in the line item and apply the condition? You definitely need to double-check that you applied it to the tag, not to the contents. Also, includes override excludes, so make sure your condition tags themselves aren't in conflict in the output.
kcann wrote:(I cannot use auto-numbers instead because they seem to create tables in the output, which I am trying to avoid.)
I think it only does that if you set the number position to outside head or something like that.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
kcann
Propeller Head

Re: Condition tags and ordered list numbers

Post by kcann »

Thank you Lisa, I double-checked as you suggested and it works fine.

K