Single Souring and how to use Conditional Tags for Global Pr

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
Nancy
Jr. Propeller Head

Single Souring and how to use Conditional Tags for Global Pr

Post by Nancy »

I am trying to use the "Auto-reimport" feature when compiling my Target outputs. I read through all of the Help Best Practices documentation and I have added Conditional Tags to all of the 'Source' topics, assigning them as either "NoImport" and they are excluded when we compile our secondary Targets or "YesImport" and they are included when we compile the secondary outputs.
However, when I do compile and the “Auto-reimport” is activated, extra ‘Source’ topic files are copied over to the secondary project.
(Note that this was my original problem which lead me to adding the Conditional Tags to every topic, that is, prior to adding the Conditional Tags, all of the topics from the "Source" project were copied over to the secondary project when the "Auto-reimport" was activated).
Other than assigning Conditional tags to the individual topics and then specifying in the "Import Conditions" which topics will be included and excluded based on the Conditional Tags, is there soming else I need to do to prevent these unwanted files from being copied from the Source project?
I’m stumped…
ChristineL
Propeller Head

Re: Single Souring and how to use Conditional Tags for Global Pr

Post by ChristineL »

Make sure the option "Auto-include linked files" is deactivated and the option "Auto-exclude non-tagged Files" is activated. Also, I rather do not use the "Include" feature. If you deactivate the "Exclude" option for a condition, it should be included, without having to activate the "Include" option. Afaik you will need "Include" only for cascaded conditions.

Best regards, Christine