ToolbarItems not showing up on my Mobile Web Help

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
MarkMetcalfe
Propeller Head

ToolbarItems not showing up on my Mobile Web Help

Post by MarkMetcalfe »

I really want Next and Previous topic buttons on my mobile web help. I have visited the online help and it tells me how to specify the toolbar item styles but not how to get them to display in my mobile web help. I cannot find a switch that turns them on or off (if there is one). All of the Topic Toolbar items are "Selected."

The only thing that shows up (see attachment) is the Home button (a separately specified item in the skin editor) and the Back and Forward buttons at the bottom (which follow the user's browsing trail - not next or previous topics).

Is there a switch I am missing, or is this an "immature feature?"

Mark Metcalfe, Ektron Documentation Manager

P.S. Other than this, I am impressed with Flare's ability to generate mobile web help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark Metcalfe
Optimizely
542 Amherst St.
Nashua, NH 03063
mark.metcalfe@optimizely.com
benpal
Propeller Head

Re: ToolbarItems not showing up on my Mobile Web Help

Post by benpal »

I'm running into the same problem: I would like to be able to display the Next/Previous Topic and Collapse/Expand buttons in the toolbar.

Also, we would like to use the WebHelp Mobile format in the Internet browser of the PC (for its compact format), where we don't have the Back/Forward function of mobile phone buttons, so some way of browsing back and forth would be welcome.
Ben Palmer
Aracane Ltd.
http://www.aracane.ch
Information Management
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

MarkMetcalfe wrote:I really want Next and Previous topic buttons on my mobile web help. I have visited the online help and it tells me how to specify the toolbar item styles but not how to get them to display in my mobile web help. I cannot find a switch that turns them on or off (if there is one). All of the Topic Toolbar items are "Selected."
You can't add icons to the WebHelp Mobile toolbar.

The settings in the skin are for the Topic Toolbar ; which is a toolbar that can be included inside the topic itself.

I appreciate the difference is confusing, it's more apparent in a normal WebHelp skin where you have separate tabs for WebHelp Toolbar and Topic Toolbar. The WebHelp Mobile skin doesn't have a WebHelp Toolbar tab (or equivalent) so you can't add icons to the main toolbar; so you're limited to just having the Home icon.

Anyway, to make the Topic Toolbar visible, it has to be included in your master page(s). To do this, open your master page and select Insert > Proxy > Insert Topic Toolbar Proxy.

benpal wrote:I'm running into the same problem: I would like to be able to display the Next/Previous Topic and Collapse/Expand buttons in the toolbar.

Also, we would like to use the WebHelp Mobile format in the Internet browser of the PC (for its compact format), where we don't have the Back/Forward function of mobile phone buttons, so some way of browsing back and forth would be welcome.
As mentioned above, you can include all of these buttons in a Topic Toolbar, but not on the main toolbar itself.
benpal
Propeller Head

Post by benpal »

To do this, open your master page and select Insert > Proxy > Insert Topic Toolbar Proxy.
That was the missing link (talking about my brain cells)!
Thanks David.
Ben Palmer
Aracane Ltd.
http://www.aracane.ch
Information Management
rodpacker
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by rodpacker »

So it is not possible to add more icons on the toobar. The only icon that could appear is the home. Anyway, it might be better if there are more icons in the toolbar. It could make the navigation easier and faster.
Website and Webdesign in indianapolis seo and indiana seo Internet