Installshield woes

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
Skooter
Propeller Head

Installshield woes

Post by Skooter »

We're having a first go at using the Webhelp Mobile format on PDA and various handheld devices. Straightaway the Webhelp seems to cause a problem with Install Shield (Developers comment:

I've encountered a problem: for some reason if we add all help files to Install Shield project for the Mobile version – project doesn't build. Unintelligible error is shown: -6516: Error in populating the Binary table records for Windows Mobile Setup.)

Seems like the large number of files generated by Webhelp is a problem. Anyone else experienced similar issues or know of a way round it?
Someone's boring me. I think it's me.
JasonSTI
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Installshield woes

Post by JasonSTI »

We had a similar issue (although not with Help files) when we had the project folder out of sync with the InstallShield cabinet project. InstallShield failed to install because the files were not the same as those the cabinet thought were in it. We had to recreate the cabinet file in InstallShield so it would properly extract them. The number of files doesn't seem to matter, just that each file matches the file description in the cabinet. If they dont match, you'd get the unintelligible -6000 errors, or a CRC check error.

You can have the dev rebuild the project using the current files, and hopefully that takes care of it.