Can't trust Analyzer anymore!

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
Gary Niemen
Sr. Propeller Head

Can't trust Analyzer anymore!

Post by Gary Niemen »

There are a number of us working on the same project - but we all have at least Flare 6.0, some of us are at Flare 6.1. We are all running Analyzer 3.0 or 3.1 - with one of us still on Analyzer 2.3. What tends to happen is that one of us runs Analyzer and gets one set of results and then because the results don't look quite right, somebody else runs it. That person then often gets a different set of results. So, one of us removes that Analyzer database folder from the Appdata folder and runs Analyzer again and it seems to work giving what seems like correct results. But the correct results do not last long. If the same person who ran Analyzer getting correct results runs Analyzer again, invariably, a different set of results are produced. Further, it is not unusual that the new set of results now looks incorrect, that is, includes errors that were not there before and includes a number of database errors. Some of us are on Windows 7 and some of us are on Windows XP. Does anybody know what might be going on? Does anybody know what we can do to get Analyzer analysing correctly again?
Last edited by Gary Niemen on Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Can't trust Analzer anymore!

Post by RamonS »

It may help to get everyone on the same release version. That at least takes this variance out. I also wonder if the project folder has the same contents on all systems or if some have some residue from times past in there. If the same version of Analyzer and the same content of the project folder still produce different results then I'd consider it a bug that should be reported.
BruceMcNaughton
Propeller Head

Re: Can't trust Analyzer anymore!

Post by BruceMcNaughton »

Hi,

I have similar problems. I've experienced problems after renaming folders, changing styles, and a strange database error causing 3 broken links. These have all been reported.

(all at the time I'm doing a major update to a help system).

Regards, Bruce
Regards, Bruce
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Did you try deleting the Analyzer folder from the project? Shut down Flare, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the project location, delete the Analyzer folder, then restart Flare and open the project. There will be a delay initially as it has to recreate the database and scan the project again. Not that that is the solution, just that it may be a viable workaround while MadCap works to resolve the issue.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Dinnit
Propeller Head

Post by Dinnit »

Having just started to use Analyser 3 I have been amazed to see that from Friday and Monday (when I wasn't in work) my project word count went from 17951 to 32326 and is now (Tuesday) showing as 36176 when all I'm doing at the moment is restyling some of the content. So I'm twitchy about the stats too
Ann
Started on Flare 3, now on Flare 2017 r2 + Capture (occasionally) and Analyser (very occasionally)
Windows 10 Enterprise
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Dinnit wrote:Having just started to use Analyser 3 I have been amazed to see that from Friday and Monday (when I wasn't in work) my project word count went from 17951 to 32326 and is now (Tuesday) showing as 36176 when all I'm doing at the moment is restyling some of the content. So I'm twitchy about the stats too
Hopefully you get paid by the word.

I periodically delete the Analyzer folder in my projects, as the database seems to get a few glitches after a while.
Mind, Analyzer crashes roughly 50% of the times that I use it, so my experience with it isn't that great.
Dinnit
Propeller Head

Post by Dinnit »

Good idea Dave - I'll suggest getting paid by the words the mice enter when I'm not here. Will try deleting the folder after have got response to that. :)
Ann
Started on Flare 3, now on Flare 2017 r2 + Capture (occasionally) and Analyser (very occasionally)
Windows 10 Enterprise