Incorrect Instructions for Installing LAME MP3 Encoder

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
Jenny
Jr. Propeller Head

Incorrect Instructions for Installing LAME MP3 Encoder

Post by Jenny »

I attempted to install the LAME MP3 Encoder using the instructions for Windows Vista and was unable to do so. <http://kb.madcapsoftware.com/Content/Mi ... _Vista.htm> While I cannot attest to the usabilty of these instructions on Windows Vista, I can say that they do not work on a Windows 7 machine.

First off, the command window cannot be opened in administrator mode by using the Windows+R shortcut. Rather, after clicking the Windows button, type CMD in the search window. At THAT point, hit Ctrl+Shift+Enter or right click on the cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator.

Then, in the command window, type cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64. The cd command must be present to change directories.

The rest of the instructions are correct. This post needs no reply. I simply thought it would be helpful to others who might encounter the same problem.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Incorrect Instructions for Installing LAME MP3 Encoder

Post by LTinker68 »

Moved this post to the Mimic forum since that's the product it's related to...

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Incorrect Instructions for Installing LAME MP3 Encoder

Post by LTinker68 »

MadCap Support is going to update the KB article, but it basically comes down to whether UAC is turned on or off. If it's off, the current KB is correct. If it's on, your instructions are correct.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.