Build error when adding pdf file to TOC

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
dwinn
Jr. Propeller Head

Build error when adding pdf file to TOC

Post by dwinn »

I have several projects with the pdf version of help appearing in the online TOC, but one of them is failing on build with a compiler error:
"File can not be generated to 'Printed' ouput: <source content directory>. But neither my pdf target nor destination is pointing to that directory. I compared the destination and target directories with projects that are working, and can see nothing inconsistent. I tried removing the pdf file from the primary TOC and rebuilding. That got rid of the error. But when I add it back to the TOC the error returns. So just for kicks I removed the pdf file from the TOC of one of the projects where it was working, then added it back. It broke it with the same error! Now I can't remember how I got this to work in the first place.
I think I just generated the pdf output, copied it manually into source content, and added it to the TOC, but now I'm not sure. Or is there another way to add it to the TOC?

Much puzzled.
jcoria
Propeller Head

Re: Build error when adding pdf file to TOC

Post by jcoria »

If I understand you correctly, you could create a new entry in the TOC and link it to the PDF file.
dwinn
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by dwinn »

Right. Now I remember. I created a link from a new TOC topic. The only thing I can think of is that the error I'm getting is pointing to a directory that I originally set as the publishing destination, but then changed it. It seems to still want to point to the old one. Not sure if there's a way to clear that. Anyway, it seems to be working now, in spite of the error. Thanks.
hoss
Propeller Head

Post by hoss »

I've just had the same problem, which caused some head-scratching - until i realised that a few of the source files had been renamned without the .htm suffix.
Once corrected its fine again