newbie needs help: 1 flprj, 1 sw w/ 4 webparts, 5 TOCs

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
eileen_cannon
Jr. Propeller Head

newbie needs help: 1 flprj, 1 sw w/ 4 webparts, 5 TOCs

Post by eileen_cannon »

Greetings!
I am new to Flare, and am muddling through a transition from RH x5. ... under a tight deadline, of course... :?
My project consists of a web-based sw w/ a homepage and 4 web parts. The web parts share some common functionality, but I'd like the users to see a TOC specific to the open web part when the help is launched from the calling web part.
I'd like to achieve the following:
* 1 web help directory output on the server (i.e., one help project, not 5)
* 5 TOCs - 1 master w/ all of the pages for the homepage, 4 TOCs consisting of a subset of topics specific to the web part used to call the help function
* It's OK if all of the subset TOCs share the same Index, Glossary, and UI
I understand how to create multiple TOCs, but how would the web part TOC be associated to the web part?
What does the developer need to know for implementation in the sw?
What do I need to know?
Thanks to all! :D
Eileen
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: newbie needs help: 1 flprj, 1 sw w/ 4 webparts, 5 TOCs

Post by NorthEast »

A single WebHelp target can only have one contents accordion pane; although by adding a browse sequence you can effectively add a second contents pane.
So, you can't have 5 separate contents panes in a single WebHelp output.

Are the topics in the 5 areas connected or entirely separate?
i.e. do you have links between areas, or want the user to browse and search for topics in different areas?

If the topics in each area are completely separate and unconnected, then you could just generate 5 outputs.

If the topics in each area are connected, then you'd have to use a single output and shared contents (which would seem to make sense anyway).