Anyone implemented custom search for WebHelp?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
nickatwork
Sr. Propeller Head

Anyone implemented custom search for WebHelp?

Post by nickatwork »

Hi all,
Wondering if anyone here has implemented a custom search solution for WebHelp?
Flares search feature is pretty weak imo, results are never very refined, the small pane and lack of any content from the topic is has returned makes it difficult to see how that topic relates to a search.

Specifically, I'm looking for a search option that can potentially replace the existing search pane and customise the results and how they display.
Additionally, I'm hoping to get some 'How do I' search box setup, where a type ahead feature could be used.

But I'd be interested to know what anyone else done, if anything, and how it was implemented.

Most likely I'm thinking this would have to be built bespoke by our IT guys, but as we all know, developers are a hard thing to come by, and I'd love to play around with anything that I could do myself.

Thanks for any help.
Nick.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Anyone implemented custom search for WebHelp?

Post by RamonS »

Some time ago I used swish-e in combination with PHP to generate Google style search results. Swish-e is nice, because is not only indexes HTML, but also many other files including most PDF. You'd need to do some work to replace the search, but it should be possible.