Where's ma l'il thingie?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
kevinmcl
Sr. Propeller Head

Where's ma l'il thingie?

Post by kevinmcl »

So I have a "How to use this Help" page, explaining some conventions and some features the user might encounter.

Almost everywhere else in my Help, I have pics and diagrams and other graphic elements, inserted:

a) in their own, otherwise-blank paragraphs
or
b) at the very beginning of a paragraph with some text.

No problem.

In one paragraph of my "How to use this Help" page, I inserted a capture of the little, blue, right-pointing triangle that heralds Expanding Text or Dropdown Text, in the middle of the sentence.
Along with the image (a .png file, somewhat larger than real life), I have hover text and alternate text.

When I publish to WebHelp, pretty-much every other graphic object in my Help is displayed in its proper place, size, etc., when viewed in a browser.

HOWEVER, the little blue triangle is missing.

In IE, it's one of those error boxes with the red "x", which includes (in the error box) the Alt text.

In Firefox, the Alt text just starts in the middle of my paragraph, with no indication that it's anything other than a typo or copy-paste mistake.

Hmm.

What should I be looking for?

I've tried selecting the graphic in the Flare editor, and editing it (re-importing it). No change.
I'm using Flare v6 on XP Pro.

-kevin
De gustibus non disputandum est
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Where's ma l'il thingie?

Post by LTinker68 »

The first thing that comes to mind is the "Generate resized copies of scaled images" option in the WebHelp target. If you have that checked and you resized the image by dragging its sides in the XML Editor or manually specifying a width and height for it, and after building the output you didn't upload the Flare-created version of the resized image for whatever reason, then you'd get that not-found icon. If you right-click on that topic in IE and select View Source, look for the img tag and see what file name is listed as the source for the image, then check to see if it's in your output folder. I don't resize images from within Flare, but I'm guessing the image won't be in your project and is instead created on-the-fly at build-time. I would assume Flare's publishing feature would recognize that as a new file and upload it, but either that's a bug with the publish option or you're not using the publish option and just didn't realize you had to upload a new file.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.