PDF Properties in Non-xhtml Searches

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Steveman
Sr. Propeller Head

PDF Properties in Non-xhtml Searches

Post by Steveman »

I've included a bunch of Word and PDF documents in my Autosearch folder. The search works just fine in locating them. The problem is the title of the document that comes up in the search.

For the Word docs I have amended the title properties and these display correctly. The PDF's are a different story though. They display an all-lower case title and I can't work out where it comes from. I have amended the PDF properties and changed the title. I have also downloaded a PDF Properties changer which brings up a different group of document properties, and changed the title in there too. No change though.

So which part of the document does the Flare search get the PDF title information from?
Carp diem - Seize the fish
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Re: PDF Properties in Non-xhtml Searches

Post by lacastle »

Have you looked at the link properties? or the TOC entry properties if there's no link?
Steveman
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: PDF Properties in Non-xhtml Searches

Post by Steveman »

Not sure what you're referring to by the link properties. As these are documents that are plonked in to the Autosearch folder there is no link as such. They're just available to be included in searches. Likewise they're not in the TOC at all. For all intents they don't exist in the WebHelp to the user, they only appear in an unfiltered search.

There's about 60 of the docs, I wonder now if I should perhaps add them to the TOC under their own 'documentation' book so they could be accessed directly rather than rely on search alone.

Still not sure though where the title displays from in the search results.
Carp diem - Seize the fish