Condition Tag Not Working in One Topic

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
alicat
Propeller Head

Condition Tag Not Working in One Topic

Post by alicat »

I have applied a particular condition tag (called 'Quote') to several topics in the Content Explorer, and am generating a WebHelp target that excludes content with this tag. When I view the output, I can see that ONE topic with that condition (that should be excluded) is appearing in the output. The other topics that should be excluded ARE excluded...it's just that one topic. Have tried removing the condition and re-applying, to no avail. Any ideas?
rkiskan
Propeller Head

Re: Condition Tag Not Working in One Topic

Post by rkiskan »

Have you tagged this topic at file level in the Content Explorer? I suspect you have, then I suggest you open the file in the text editor and ensure that the tag is there and resembles the XML in one of those topics that is being excluded - maybe you can see some anomaly here?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "still being included", for example tagging a TOC entry will hide the topic, but it will still be searchable unless tagged at file level.

Robin
whunter
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by whunter »

Does the file have more than one condition tag, and is the other tag set to Include? If so the Include will win.
alicat
Propeller Head

Post by alicat »

The condition was applied at topic file level, not at TOC level. There are no other conditions applied to the topic. I will try looking at it in the text editor.
rkiskan
Propeller Head

Post by rkiskan »

I agree that the tagging may be working against each other, but it should be easy to see from the code what's in the file. If necessary copy all and paste in again to see if that helps.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

If you're looking for it in text mode, a topic condition is included inside the html tag, in the format MadCap:conditions="...".

Maybe also check the simple causes - e.g. there aren't two copies of the same topic in your project.