Remove From Source Control checkbox when deleting files

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
Bahbert
Propeller Head

Remove From Source Control checkbox when deleting files

Post by Bahbert »

When deleting a topic in source control, there's a checkbox on the confirmation screen labeled Remove From Source Control. This caused me some confusion, so after a little playing around I (think I) figured out how things work.

When I select the checkbox, Flare deletes the local copy and the version in the repository as well. This is all well and good if I want the file gone, kaput, fini.

If I leave the checkbox unselected, the file remains in the respository, with only the local copy deleted. The tricky part here is that when Flare later searches for files in the repository to download to my local copy, it disregards this deleted file. This makes the file appear (locally) to be completely deleted. But the file's still out there on the respository, and can end up back up in the a local copy (and perhaps in a coworker's) by refreshing the local copy outside of Flare. (FYI, we're using SVN for source control.)

This seems a little tricksy to me. Anyone else run into this? Has it caused problems? I'm concerned with the posibility of old files that should have been deleted instead winding up in a build.