Which folders do I need to publish WebHelp?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Michael Cohen
Propeller Head

Which folders do I need to publish WebHelp?

Post by Michael Cohen »

When I publish my WebHelp project, it creates multiple directories and subdirectories. Seems like there are many more directories than I need, and some of the information (the actual help content) is duplicated.

Which directories do I need to "publish" for our customers to be able to access the WebHelp on our website?

Thanks,

Michael Cohen
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Which folders do I need to publish WebHelp?

Post by RamonS »

You can use the "Publish" function in Flare and it will upload the files that you need. Also, when you build WebHelp and click on "Open Output Folder" it will bring you exactly to the place that contains all the files that you'll need (which is inside the project folder under output/<UserName>/<TargetName>).
Or is it that you see duplicate files in that folder?
Michael Cohen
Propeller Head

Post by Michael Cohen »

Ah, that's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!!
AltView
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by AltView »

Is there a way to remove output/webhelp from the final directory path?
Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. :o
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

AltView wrote:Is there a way to remove output/webhelp from the final directory path?
if you are using the Publish option, your files can go anywhere, at any level. there are no output/webhelp directories.
here is the flare help page about publishing - http://webhelp.madcapsoftware.com/flare ... ations.htm
Michael Cohen
Propeller Head

Post by Michael Cohen »

lacastle wrote:
AltView wrote:Is there a way to remove output/webhelp from the final directory path?
if you are using the Publish option, your files can go anywhere, at any level. there are no output/webhelp directories.
here is the flare help page about publishing - http://webhelp.madcapsoftware.com/flare ... ations.htm
Why wouldn't one NOT use the Publish option? I was under the impression that you had to use the Publish option. The Flare help is somewhat hazy on this entire operation.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Nope, it's not required. It comes down to workflow, really. If you use the publish then you can upload to a web server from within Flare. If you don't use the publish feature, then you have to use some other mechanism to get the files to the web server (Windows Explorer, Dreamweaver, SSH, etc.). Some users don't publish but build the outputs to a specific file store location and a batch program or a programmer grabs the files when a new product build is being done.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
whunter
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by whunter »

Why wouldn't one NOT use the Publish option? I was under the impression that you had to use the Publish option.
You can build the output and then just manually copy it to where you need it to be. You don't *have* to use publish.
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

Publishing is good for me because i work my projects from my local computer's hard drive and i can publish just my output to a network directory so my boss (or someone else) can see what i'm doing.