Forum Issue - Using Search

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
lmhundley
Propeller Head

Forum Issue - Using Search

Post by lmhundley »

I am trying to find out more information about what Madcap calls a "Screen Tip" (MS programming calls it a "Tool Tip").

I came to the forum, and entered "screen tip" (without quotes) and came back with 485 hits, most on the word "tip". I tried to reduce the hits by searching for "screen" (againg without quotes). I recieved the error message that "screen" is a too common of a word.

I went back and entered "screen tip" (this time WITH the quotes) and got the same results; qoutes were ignored. (I did this becasue most search engines recognize the quotes as a term and not separate words.)

I went to advanced search, and did not see any method given to search for terms specifically. I did see the use of the plus and minus signs. So I tried them. Same result as the first two times.

How does one search for a term like "screen tip" in the forum?

Thanks in advance,
Lew
The Dude Slides
MinnesotaCory
Propeller Head

Re: Forum Issue - Using Search

Post by MinnesotaCory »

This is a FAQ. Welcome to the forums.
For a list of good responses, see this topic: http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... um+#p73911
If you plan to communicate you must prepare to be misunderstood or ignored.
lmhundley
Propeller Head

Re: Forum Issue - Using Search

Post by lmhundley »

MinnesotaCory you da man!
That google tip is fantastic.
site:madcapsoftware.com "screen tip"
I got 111 results based only on "screen tip".
If someone in power is reading this, please have it added to the FAQs. It is valuable, and makes up for the forum search's shortcoming.

Thanks bunches,
Lew
The Dude Slides