Unexpectedly Locked Topics

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
Tae
Jr. Propeller Head

Unexpectedly Locked Topics

Post by Tae »

Hi there,

I'm using Flare 7.2 with TFS.
All of the topics in a particular folder of the Content Explorer (all that I've tried at least) are locked even though nobody else has them checked out. When I try to check out a topic I get the following message (see attachment):
Locked.png
Checking out: Content/Config/Account IDs-Controller.htm
Source Control: The file "Content/Config/Account IDs-Controller.htm" is locked by another user.
The source control operation finished with warnings and/or errors. Press Close when you are done reviewing the messages.

My coworker successfully checked out and checked one of these topics in, and I was still unable to check out that one.
It looks like the system is basically broken. I'm locked out of this file.

Anyone encountered this one or have any ideas about what's happening and how to fix it?

More Facts/Clues
- Recently had to reinstall Flare because of an OS upgrade from XP to Win 7.
- There are other folders in the same project where I can check out/in.
- There are other projects that I have been using with no incidents since the reinstall.

Thanks,

- Tae
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
i-tietz
Propellus Maximus

Re: Unexpectedly Locked Topics

Post by i-tietz »

Reason: No idea.
Remedy: Check in everything you're working on, delete the project on your local drive and import it from Source Control ...
Inge____________________________
"I need input! - Have you got input?"
Tae
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Unexpectedly Locked Topics

Post by Tae »

I fixed the problem with a lot of copying, checking in/out (in both Flare and TFS), and rebuilding the cache. I would never recommend doing the kind of hacking around I was doing but in the end, everything works. Glad everything was backed up somewhere. Not sure I can remember or have time to write what I did, but I think the keys were: deleting the offending local directory, remapping the source and local folders, and rebuilding the cache.

- Tae