Relationship table: MadCap |relationshipsHeading

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
mel_w
Propeller Head

Relationship table: MadCap |relationshipsHeading

Post by mel_w »

Not sure if this is a style question or a relationship table question!

I'm building WebHelp output for a project with a small relationship table. We're not using DITA, but I understood from Help that I could use a relationship table in any case. I have two columns ("task" and "concept") populated with several rows.

I've modified the project stylesheet so that the MadCap | relationships Heading mc-label property is "Related topics" (I'd like all of my related topics links to appear beneath this heading).

In my output, I'm seeing multiple "Related topics" headings if the topic contains links to both "tasks" and "concepts." Is there a way to work around this, so all related topics links are listed beneath a single "Related topics" heading?

Thanks for any input.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Relationship table: MadCap |relationshipsHeading

Post by Nita Beck »

Because you want them all to appear within one combined Related Topics list in your generated Help, there's no need to put some of the topics in the Tasks column and some on the Concept column of the relationship table. In fact, that's why you are getting two lists; you just happened to have given both types of lists the same heading, "Related Topics". The DITA notion of Task topics vs Concept topics really doesn't apply at all to how you are trying to build your links.

Instead, put all of the topics that you want to be related to one other in the same cell in the relationship table. Then make them a group. (You might also need to say that their relationship is "family," but I'm not completely sure on that...) I don't have Flare running at the moment so can't confirm.

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
mel_w
Propeller Head

Post by mel_w »

Thank you Nita--your solution was just what I needed.
Zauberlehrling
Propeller Head

Post by Zauberlehrling »

I am not sure if it's accepted to just continue with a similar question, or if you rather see a new topic.
By chance I noticed that the relationshipHeading ignores the mc-label styles of my selector.
I have created a new selector with the class name "standardprocedures", mc-label should show "Standard procedures". The links are correctly listed, but the heading is not being shown. I have practically copied another selector which working fine.
Any idea what it's wrong here?
Zauberlehrling
Propeller Head

Post by Zauberlehrling »

I found the issue. I had a typo in the header of the table in the *.flrtb. Corrected and now the header is shown as expected. :wink:

But now I have another question in relation with the relationships.
I want to have two relationship tables for different revisions with different topics, but since both relationship tables are shown on the same page both show the same content. I have applied the conditions accordingly for the proxy and in the relationship table.