Capture Region consistently out by a few pixels

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
Scotty
Propeller Head

Capture Region consistently out by a few pixels

Post by Scotty »

Whenever I try to capture an area of the screen using Capture Region, the captured rectangular area does not match the selected rectangular area. The actual captured area is always one or two pixels smaller in height or width or both. Working around this by selecting an area a pixel or two wider/taller is unsatisfactory as the behaviour of the capture isn't predictable (one capture it'll capture height fine, width not; next the width is off on one side, but fine on the other; etc).

Ideas? If I really have to manually crop every image after capture, I might as well go back to Alt+PrintScreen + IrfanView for capturing :|
The newest noob in town.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Capture Region consistently out by a few pixels

Post by RamonS »

The only advice other than reporting this as a bug to MadCap (https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx) is to upgrade or downgrade the graphics card driver. It is a three ring circus that goes on between Capture, Windows, and the hardware driver.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

I know what you mean...

If I am using capture I make sure the top and left border of the selection box is over the pixels I want to capture, while the bottom and right border is on the pixel outside the desired capture.

HTH
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
Scotty
Propeller Head

Post by Scotty »

Thanks for the replies.

I've just noticed the same issue with the Crop tool. Extra width is chopped from some sides, but not others :shock:

Extremely annoying, I'll raise a bug, thanks.
The newest noob in town.
Scotty
Propeller Head

Post by Scotty »

Bizarrely, even using F11 (capture last capture) cuts a slightly different area than before.
The newest noob in town.