Is it possible to print the index in WebHelp?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
MarinaMichaels
Sr. Propeller Head

Is it possible to print the index in WebHelp?

Post by MarinaMichaels »

I would like to proof my index by printing it, file names and all. Is that possible? I am not talking about generating a print copy of the index for the users; instead, I just want to be able to see which entries have multiple references that should be made into sub-entries. (We are adding new content and now entries that were unique are no longer.) I don't want to browse the index entry tree within Flare--I prefer to scan on paper, so I am hoping there is a way to print the entire index with everything expanded.

Or is there another, better way to do this from within Flare 8?
crdmerge
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Is it possible to print the index in WebHelp?

Post by crdmerge »

You can generate Index reports on the following (Project Organizer > Reports):

Files With Keywords
Index Keyword Links
Index Keyword Suggestions
Topics Not In Index
Topics With Index Keyword Links
Topics With Keyword Links Missing a Keyword
Used Index Keywords

Good luck,
Leon
GinnyR
Propeller Head

Post by GinnyR »

I create a WordSpellCheck target that matches the conditions and variables of my WebHelp target. I also add an Index topic with index proxy to the WebHelp TOC and condition it as PrintOnly - so it won't show up in the WebHelp output. I use the Word output for spell checks. To include the index in the Word2003 spellcheck, Ctrl+A and click Tools > Language >Set Language. Click US English and clear checkbox for "Do not check spelling and grammar." If you don't need the electronic spell-checker you could do the same thing with a PDF target.
MarinaMichaels
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by MarinaMichaels »

CRDMerge--Thank you. I had forgotten about the reports. It isn't optimal--I was looking for something that more closely resembles the index as it is displayed--but it is good enough for my purposes.

GinnyR--that sounds like it will do exactly what I want. I am, of course, under a deadline, so CRD's solution is good enough, but I will try your solution later this week.

Thanks to both of you!