Anyone seen the Guides folder in Flare 8?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
HeraTech
Propeller Head

Anyone seen the Guides folder in Flare 8?

Post by HeraTech »

I have Flare 7 installed, and the PDF documentation can be found in the following directory:

C:\Program Files\MadCap Software\MadCap Flare V7\Flare.app\Resources\Guides

I wanted to learn about creating/modifying skins for the new HTML 5 output, so I went to go look for the Flare Styles Guide in my Flare 8 installation directory. But the Guides folder doesn't exist.

Anyone know, did MadCap update the documentation (specifically the Styles Guide) when they released Flare 8? And if they did, where did they hide it?

Thanks.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Anyone seen the Guides folder in Flare 8?

Post by Nita Beck »

I never even noticed that the Flare guides were installed locally up until V8. I've always opened the guides from their web locations.

You can find the Flare 8 Style Guide at http://docs.madcapsoftware.com/FlareV8/ ... sGuide.pdf.

BTW, you can get to any of the many Flare 8 PDF guides by clicking the "More PDF Guides" link that appears in the footer of the Flare Help system.

It seems that MadCap is now "slicing and dicing" its Flare content up into a larger collection of PDF guides with many focused on narrow subject matter, such as "Accessibility Guide," "Movies Guide," and "SharePoint Guide." In the past, they had a smaller collection of PDF guides, some of which were pretty broad in scope. For instance, Flare 7 offered nine PDF guides, whereas Flare 8 offers 37 PDF guides.

HTH.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
HeraTech
Propeller Head

Re: Anyone seen the Guides folder in Flare 8?

Post by HeraTech »

Thanks Nita! Much appreciated.