No relevant files were found

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
Sharpras
Sr. Propeller Head

No relevant files were found

Post by Sharpras »

Why do I get this message
No relevant files were found in the chosen bundle.
after clicking Merge a bundle received from translation?

This is a LIngo project that I've already Exported to Flare, then made changes for the next rev. and exported another bundle for translation. The zipped files I got back were not translated with Lingo. The file names all appear to be the same as in the Flare project (but not the same as in Lingo 'DepSets' folder that all have a string of numbers appended to the file name). Evidently I am, or the translator is, doing something wrong.

anyone?
SolenaLeMoigne
Propeller Head

Re: No relevant files were found

Post by SolenaLeMoigne »

For the record, and because I bumped into this message when importing my very first translation, this message is displayed when the structure of the folders/files is different in the bundle that is being merged compared to the structure of these files in the Lingo project.

The solution is to either put these files where they belong, or when running a tryout, recreate the folder structure and put them where they originally were, zip the structure and import it in Lingo.

- Solena Le Moigne
- Solena Le Moigne
Don’t worry, I’ll merge all those markups onto a single copy - Wade Nelson - techwhirl.com
Sharpras
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Sharpras »

Thanks, Solena. It's been long enough now that I don't really remember how I handled it but think it was the former—putting the files where they belong. Am not sure what you mean by
when running a tryout...
. Is it a procedure that I can read about in Lingo Help?
SolenaLeMoigne
Propeller Head

Post by SolenaLeMoigne »

Unfortunately, there is nothing in Lingo's documentation, so the translation manager and I rolled up our sleeves and ran a couple of tries before working on serious matter.
- Solena Le Moigne
Don’t worry, I’ll merge all those markups onto a single copy - Wade Nelson - techwhirl.com