Deleting images from resource application crash

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
ndscap
Jr. Propeller Head

Deleting images from resource application crash

Post by ndscap »

Hi,
We are using madcap flare8, with visual studio 2010 (WINDOWS 7) and have our project under sourcesave.

If we open the content/resources/images and delete them one by one the next problems occure:

1) focus leaves the madcap application. madcap hangs. No cpu usage at that time. We have to close it by using the task manager

2) Exception error during delete: : Failed to run command ‘Delete’. Error while creating Window handle. after that i can continue

3) Windows pops up: Link Update. Deleting imagefilename.png: Computing dependency set...
UIn this case the application also hangs and must be closed manually by using trhe task manager.

The steps we follow are:
Select a image. Press the delete button. Select Yes. Select next image. Press the delete button. Select Yes. Etc.....
Sometimes after 4-5 image deletes one of the three above mentioned events occure.

This is very anoying because we need to delete 220 images.
And the next problem. Why can't we delete more than one file at the same time????
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Deleting images from resource application crash

Post by Nita Beck »

Why can't we delete more than one file at the same time????
You can, in either of two ways.

1) Use the File List and filter the list to show only images. Once there, select multiple images and delete them.

2) In the Content Explorer, click the Show Files button on the toolbar, which will split the Content Explorer into two panels. In the left panel, navigate to the folder holding the images you want to delete. In the right panel, select multiple images and delete them.

I can't speak to why you're getting the error messages. It might be that the Analyzer database has gotten corrupted, so close the project, delete the Analyzer folder, and reopen the project. Flare will rebuild the Analyzer folder. Give Flare a chance to rescan the project, and then resume with the deletions.

Hope this helps.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!