"Automatically Synchronize TOC" not working

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
dwinn19
Propeller Head

"Automatically Synchronize TOC" not working

Post by dwinn19 »

I just upgaded to Flare 8.1.2 from Flare 7 and can't get this to work with the html5 skin. It was listed as an issue in the 8.1 release notes (actually twice- 50041 and 50940). But I assumed it was resolved. Anyone else see this? The issue is when you click on an internal link in the main page it should automatically go to the location in the TOC. It still works in the WebHelp skin.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: "Automatically Synchronize TOC" not working

Post by NorthEast »

I've reported an issue (#53054) with the TOC highlighting; if the link in the TOC includes a bookmark (e.g. Topic.htm#bookmark), then the TOC highlight doesn't work when you navigate to that topic via a page link. This happens in HTML5 help, but is ok in WebHelp.

I sent MadCap a screen recording of what I mean:
http://screencast.com/t/8Kkcnxjo0
dwinn19
Propeller Head

Post by dwinn19 »

I reported this to support and it turns out it's a bug, but fortunately there's an easy work-around. If you're using the Auto-generate TOC feature you need to choose "Insert computed entries", not "replace with computed entries". If you use the latter, which I was doing, you run into this issue. It only applies to the html5 skin.
mruryk
Propeller Head

Post by mruryk »

I can't get my TOC to synchronize with the topic that is opened either. I changed the page the Help file opens to, to "Default.htm" (was Introduction.htm). I have "Automatically Synchronize TOC" clicked on. This is HTML5 output and my client doesn't understand why it doesn't work (and, frankly, neither do I!). I made my own TOC by having Flare list all the topics in a flat file and then used the arrows to move a topic's filename up the list or down the list or indent it as required. But as a text, I went into several files in the TOC and changed the setting as suggested above for 8 - 10 topics. No change in the output behaviour.

I need some help :-) :(
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

This issue was fixed in v9. Have you upgraded to v9 yet?

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Skooter
Propeller Head

Post by Skooter »

Re: "... choose "Insert computed entries", not "replace with computed entries". If you use the latter, which I was doing, you run into this issue. It only applies to the html5 skin." - Where are these settings. I'm having this problem - Auto synchronize TOC is selected in my skin but the TOC does not synchronise for HTML5 output - it works fine for HTML help (CHM) or Webhelp. My current Flare version is 9.1.1
Someone's boring me. I think it's me.
Skooter
Propeller Head

Post by Skooter »

Okay, I found the Auto-generate feature for the TOC entries, but I don't want to auto-generate my TOC - I've manually built my TOC, so that's out! :?:
pj10last
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by pj10last »

My TOC is showing in my .flprj but when I update and build primary, copy the folder to production the TOC is missing. Help please.
Skooter
Propeller Head

Post by Skooter »

In my case the auto-synchronize TOC not working turns out to be a problem with hyperlinks that have "Same Window" set. As a workaround, selecting (default) for the hyperlinks target frame will resolve the behaviour. A bug has been submitted to developers. :D