9.1 upgrade

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
Dilemma
Jr. Propeller Head

9.1 upgrade

Post by Dilemma »

Has anyone else had problems with the 9.1 Flare upgrade?

I've just installed it over v9 and now can't open Flare at all...

About to uninstall the update and hope that i can revert to v9, then raise an issue with Madcap - but wondered if it was just me or a more general problem.

Thanks all.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: 9.1 upgrade

Post by RamonS »

Not a general problem. I applied the update and Flare works fine.
Tony
Propeller Head

Post by Tony »

I just upgraded and evrything still works.
However, the indentation of several of my styles in the PDF output has changed (now indented more to the right).
I know that I did not make changes in my style sheet.
Did this happen to anyone else?

BTW, I canot find any detailed documentation (release notes) about the changes made in 9.1. The link on the web site is very vauge and has no details....
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Msquared
Propellus Maximus

Post by Msquared »

I have installed 9.1 and don't have and significant problems, just a few Perforce bugs fixed. :-)

I've just build a PDF output, and mine is fine. The indents are exactly as I expected.
Marjorie

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am.
DocuMike
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by DocuMike »

We had two writers install it here and all seemed fine until we tried to check in this afternoon.

Our projects are bound to Visual Studio 2010 with TFS and after the upgrade,neither of us can check in from Flare. When you click Check-in (from any of the various places in the interface, we tried several options with the same results) the Check In window opens and it does nothing.

I currently have an empty Check In window open that has been "Updating pending check-ins..." for over two hours. I have two files checked out.

The work around is that I can still check the files in directly in VS/TFS.
DocuMike
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by DocuMike »

Follow-up to previous post.

I think the problem may be assiociated with the local source control cache.

Close Flare.
Delete the contents of the [project]/SourceControl folder.
Open Flare and the project for which you deleted the source control cache.

Flare does not ask yo aobut building the cache as it always has in the past when opening a new project that has not had the cache built.
Also, the SourceControl folder remains empty, even though Flare indicates that it has gotten the latest and updated the local files in the project. How can it claim this without any cache files?
scotthenley
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by scotthenley »

We have been having the same issues with TFS check-ins and I can confirm that it does seem to be confined to 9.1 and is related to source control cache. 9.1 does not attempt to re-create it if it is removed. We have reverted back to Flare 8 until this is resolved. Any official word from MadCap on this problem?
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

I thought I remembered seeing something in the release notes for v9 that they no longer build a source control cache. But I can't see it in the release notes for v9 or v9.1 in the link above.

However, we are not having any issues with checking in or out with Flare (potentially some slowness with v9.1, but we haven't ruled out network issues yet).

Edit:
Oh, here we go:
http://webhelp.madcapsoftware.com/flare ... ersion.htm

Under Additional New Features - v9.0 > Source Control Enhancements

Amber
scotthenley
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by scotthenley »

Ah ,thanks. The issue we are seeing with TFS only started in 9.1 and is not related to the source control cache since that dropped in 9.0. Our check-ins hang and never complete. In Flare 8 they take only a few seconds.