Togglers don't perform in mobile help??

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
MaryM
Propeller Head

Togglers don't perform in mobile help??

Post by MaryM »

Togglers that work as expected in our good old .chm compiled help are misbehaving in our WebHelp Mobile output.

Flare's help says that this feature is supported in webhelp mobile. But, instead of hiding content till the toggler is used, the content is always displayed in our mobile help.
Any ideas?

I'm using Flare 9 now, but we had the same problem with Flare 8.
MaryM
Propeller Head

Re: Togglers don't perform in mobile help??

Post by MaryM »

We're the problem, not Flare! :oops:

Mea culpa! Togglers do work in the webhelp mobile emulator. The problem is our product's use of a small-bore computer running Windows CE. This OS doesn't support togglers and other html elements.

Any chance you've forced Windows CE to obey your commands? Please share your secrets with us.
Thanks in advance.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Which CE version are you using? Maybe the browser that comes with the version you have is just too old to do these equally old tricks.
MaryM
Propeller Head

Post by MaryM »

It's Windows CE 6. And, to complicate things further, it's a slimmed down, no bells and whistles version.
I suspect we'll have to live with its limited abilities, so I've decided to hide the "More" and similar prompts I've used to identify the toggler.

I'm so thankful for CSS mediums and Flare's condition tags!
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Version 7 is the latest version and that has the same browser as Phone 7...not sure if that one does what you need. Assuming that you have not the option to change the OS I suggest implementing a simpler version and skip the nifty things.