Can reviewers apply conditions?

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
shgadd
Propeller Head

Can reviewers apply conditions?

Post by shgadd »

Hi all,

I'm trying to streamline our documentation review process and so (of course) I'm pushing for my team to use contributor.

I'm sold by the features I know about so far, but I wondered if contributors can apply conditions to their content?

The scenario is: I have a developer who is aware of the power of conditional tags and is keen on single sourcing. Where we have "client facing" and "in house only" versions of docs, when he submits content to me it would be ideal if he could apply these tags to specific paragraphs at this point, rather than having to write some kind of complicated annotation for each part to let me know which bit is which.

I know we could just get him using Flare to contribute docs to me, but I don't really want to give away that much control :wink: Does anyone have experience of this?

Thanks in advance!
Sarah
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Can reviewers apply conditions?

Post by Nita Beck »

I don't think reviewers can apply conditions with Contributor. Nor can reviewers edit content within snippets, which is a drag for my reviewers 'cause I use a lot of snippets. My reviewers, too, have to resort to adding annotations in their review topics telling me what they want to change in snippets.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
shgadd
Propeller Head

Re: Can reviewers apply conditions?

Post by shgadd »

Thanks for confirming Nita. Feared this might be the case.

Will trial contributor with one of my reviewers and see how it goes!