Flagging new content in webhelp/html 5.0 output

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Landy
Propeller Head

Flagging new content in webhelp/html 5.0 output

Post by Landy »

We are in the process of creating a knowledge base for our product. It is currently in webhelp output but will probably move to html 5.0 output in the future.
I have been asked if there is some way in Flare we can flag new content so that end users know what has recently been added.
I notice MadCap have a folder called 'Most Recent Articles' in their knowledge base which seems to be the way they have handled this.

Is anyone else doing this sort of thing and have any suggestions?
For example, incorporating RSS? etc.

Thanks,
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Flagging new content in webhelp/html 5.0 output

Post by wclass »

We create a "What's New/Release notes" section near the top of the TOC which is similar (and we single source as printed release notes).
You can also highlight the icon in the TOC by setting the Mark as New flag (select entry in TOC - book or topic, select Properties, and the option is on the General tab).
You can change the icon used in the skin (Styles > TOCEntry), though I have not tried this.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
Landy
Propeller Head

Re: Flagging new content in webhelp/html 5.0 output

Post by Landy »

Thanks for the response.
Highlighting the icon in the TOC is also another good way which I had forgotten about.
I guess that is a couple of good ways this could be achieved.

However, I am still wondering if there are other ways the same thing could be achieved, such as incorporating RSS functionality into online targets?
Perhaps that would require a feature suggestion being logged with MadCap?