Newbie mobile help question

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

Newbie mobile help question

Post by ccardimon »

How hard is it to output help in mobile format? I ask because my usual output is in PDF. The "mobile" question came up today. Do any quick-and-dirty tutorials exist?
Craig

Lost in Disturbia
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Newbie mobile help question

Post by Nita Beck »

You might want to seek out Neil Perlin, one of MadCap's trainers. He's really big into mobile these days, and I attended a session on mobile that he gave at my local STC chapter last year. It wasn't about how to set up a mobile target in Flare, but rather it was about what to think about regarding designing for mobile. For example, he pointed out that one should allow sufficient white space between lines of text, especially when there are inline links, to account for the size of fingers, literally.

I'm not sure he's blogged about mobile, but his blog is at http://www.hyperword.blogspot.com/.

Hmmm, this gives me an idea for my own blog! Always something new to learn, isn't there? :wink:
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

Re: Newbie mobile help question

Post by ccardimon »

Thanks, Nita.
Craig

Lost in Disturbia