A "project" with a single hot screen

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
rcotton5
Jr. Propeller Head

A "project" with a single hot screen

Post by rcotton5 »

Trying to convert everything I do to Flare if possible. Maybe I am overthinking this, but....

I want to create a single screen that is actually a screenshot - on top of the screen, i want a bunch of links (to Flare helps, to PDFs, to Mimic videos) .... kind of a user assistance launch page for my tablet app.

Is this something I could/should do in Flare ..... and how?
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: A "project" with a single hot screen

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Can't give you full details because I'm fuzzy on them, but what you need to use is an image map. There's a help page on it (search for "Creating Image Maps") which is a good place to start.

No suggestion either way whether it's a "should".
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
rcotton5
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by rcotton5 »

I thought about just simply creating a single image with hotspots, but I think that will terminate when a link is chosen. They choose to see the video and after the video ends, they are gone and have to initiate the "help" again to see another video or to choose one of the other options (like seeing little mini-help for managers).

My line of thinking was that a very simple single-topic help system would work, but it needs to be devoid of skin, header, etc... Is it possible to do this (i.e., create a help system that isn't really a help system; just a single view pane)
rcotton5
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by rcotton5 »

I KNEW I was overthinking it. All you have to do is open the htm file (not the project launch file) with the image map and it displays and works without skins, toc, etc....

Yahoo!