Search.mcsdb.gif & Search.s3db.gif

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Search.mcsdb.gif & Search.s3db.gif

Post by devjoe »

I'm building a large merged HTML5 project. When I build the master project, in the Subsystems/projectname/Data/Search.mcsdbf/ folder there are two files, Search.s3db.gif and Search.mcsdb.gif - but only in the subsystems that were updated in that build. This file doesn't exist in the output folders for the individual projects, so when unchanged projects are copied into the master during the build, they don't have these files.

What's the purpose of these files? Why build them only for changed projects?
Florent_auvesy
Propeller Head

*.mcsdb & *.s3db files

Post by Florent_auvesy »

Dear Madcap Friends,
Sorry for the thread necromancy...

We'd really need to know what kind of information is stored in the *.s3db files
and in the *.fldb files, while we're at it...
joy
Propeller Head

Re: Search.mcsdb.gif & Search.s3db.gif

Post by joy »

Did anyone ever learn anything about these files? We're seeing them when building a master project too.

Did you just remove them?
Paulie
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Paulie »

Hi there,

I am pretty sure that file is an SQLite database file. You could install a free tool such as DB Browser for SQLite and take a look and see what is in this database.

Link:
http://sqlitebrowser.org/
"In an ideal world, software should be simple, well designed, and completely intuitive to end users. In the real world, good documentation is king."
joy
Propeller Head

Post by joy »

I am pretty sure that file is an SQLite database file. You could install a free tool such as DB Browser for SQLite and take a look and see what is in this database.
Thanks Paulie. I still don't know why Flare generates them but at least now I can open them!
joy
Propeller Head

Post by joy »

Just closing the loop on this question. Madcap says:
This file typically should only appear if you're building a DotNet Help output. If you'd like to remove it, you should be able to, but I would recommend creating a backup of the project before doing so in case it needs to be restored.
We weren't building DotNet help (we tested it years ago, but never delivered it). So, maybe these files had been around for a long time and we just didn't notice them.
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by devjoe »

And to completely close the loop, it seems like they are in fact no longer being generated for HTML5 help by Flare 11. My original comment was for Flare 10, which exhibited the odd behavior I mentioned back then.