where did auto-suggest go?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
bcharintuit
Jr. Propeller Head

where did auto-suggest go?

Post by bcharintuit »

Hi folks, I've been using Flare 9 on a Windows 7 machine for several months now. I really liked the auto-suggest feature, which was super handy for variables we have in our project. For some reason, some of us no longer see auto-suggest popups and have to manually insert variables now. I have File > Options >Auto Suggest > Enable Auto Suggestion on, but nothing happens when I type any known variable. I've tried disabling it and re-enabling it, but no dice. Would really appreciate ideas or suggestions on this. Thanks much!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: where did auto-suggest go?

Post by Nita Beck »

I had this exact problem a month or two back, on Flare 10. MadCap support offered a solution that worked. MadCap's directions were to do the following (although I didn't do all...)

First, do the usual "clean up." With Flare closed, delete the Analyzer, Output and Project\Users folder. Then, reopen the project and see if that fixed the problem. (For me, it did not.)

Next, close Flare again and browse to the following path with Windows Explorer: C:\Users\[User ID]\AppData\Roaming\MadCap Software\Flare. There, delete the CatapultMdiEditor folder. (That will wipe out any saved layouts. This was the step that fixed the problem for me. I had to rebuild my layout, but I had my auto-suggestions for variables back, so I was happy.)

Finally, close Flare again and try reinstalling or repairing .NET.

I hope something here helps.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
bcharintuit
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by bcharintuit »

Nita, thank you so much! The "usual clean up" did the trick. I have my auto suggested variables back! What a time-saver. Thanks again!
tanafranko
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by tanafranko »

The "usual clean up" just helped me too, with Flare 10. My thanks as well!