Table in PDF ignores width and breaks words

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
lporrel
Jr. Propeller Head

Table in PDF ignores width and breaks words

Post by lporrel »

A table, built as a PDF, is breaking apart one of my words, and it is ignoring the column width setting that I put into place to prevent the problem. Please see the screen capture. There is no space between the "n" and the "s" in "Applications". I have hyphenation set to "never" for the style. Anything else that I know of that could be related to this is set to default. What am I missing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BrianBXYPRO
Propeller Head

Re: Table in PDF ignores width and breaks words

Post by BrianBXYPRO »

I'm bumping this thread since I'm having the same issues. For example, here's how my table header looked initially:
flare-hyphenated-table.png
I don't want either word hyphenated so I opened up my stylesheet, set the media to print, and set mc-hyphenate in my <th> tag to never. Unfortunately, here's what I got:
flare-no-hyphens-table.png
I then tried setting fixed column widths as shown below.
table-fixed-columns.png
In my HTML5 and Word outputs I get four 1.5" columns. However, in my PDF output these settings are completely ignored. Any ideas of what I can do?

Thanks,
Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flare ( :flare: ) v12, Windows 10