Editing Page Layout Header and Footer code & Style

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
WebHelpppp
Propeller Head

Editing Page Layout Header and Footer code & Style

Post by WebHelpppp »

Hi,

I have a page layout with a header and footer that are misbehaving and I was wondering if I can access the code behind it? I press F2 and display it in the bottom of the window but I don't see the option to view the code.

Also, can you attach a stylesheet to a page layout?

Thanks!
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Editing Page Layout Header and Footer code & Style

Post by LTinker68 »

You can right-click on the page layout in the Project Organizer and choose the option to open it in the Internal Text Editor or Notepad or what-have-you. I don't think you can (or want) to attach a stylesheet to your page layout, but it will use your topic stylesheet regardless. If you have show blocks on, then you can right-click on the block in the page layout editor and apply a style to it from there. It will use the stylesheet associated with your master target, so if you have multiple stylesheets, then you might have to temporarily switch which target is the master target in order to get the styles you want.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

You can open the masterpage using Flare's inbuilt text editor, just doubleclick the file in content explorer and click the Text Editor tab at the bottom of the editor pane.

Although there isn't a way to apply a stylesheet using the masterpage properties, if you open the masterpage with a text editor there is a link to your stylesheet in the declarations. You could modify it there, but I don't know what effect that would have so I'd be backing up everything before I tried...
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
WebHelpppp
Propeller Head

Post by WebHelpppp »

Right-click on the page layout in the Project Organizer and choose the option to open it in the Internal Text Editor was the fix.
Thanks!