Flare 11 new feature incompatible with Pulse

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
chunkee
Sr. Propeller Head

Flare 11 new feature incompatible with Pulse

Post by chunkee »

Just letting the Pulse adopters know that yet again, they have been left with a crippled tool. The Pulse Service is NOT compatible with the new Flare 11 Top Menu output, only the tri-pane. Buried in the What's New guide, yet not depicted as with the other failures of Pulse, on the product description. I truly feel like a sucker at the fair.

John
rob hollinger
Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare 11 new feature incompatible with Pulse

Post by rob hollinger »

At this time, Pulse is not supported in the new Top-Pane output.
It is a major departure from the tri-pane paradigm for the Documentation industry and is frameless, SEO compatible without dynamically loaded content.
We will be gathering client feedback as well as looking how to incorporate Pulse or Socially enabled content into this new paradigm in future versions.
Rob Hollinger
MadCap Software
Steve Davies
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Flare 11 new feature incompatible with Pulse

Post by Steve Davies »

chunkee wrote:Just letting the Pulse adopters know that yet again, they have been left with a crippled tool. The Pulse Service is NOT compatible with the new Flare 11 Top Menu output, only the tri-pane. Buried in the What's New guide, yet not depicted as with the other failures of Pulse, on the product description. I truly feel like a sucker at the fair.

John
John

We are considering Pulse for the future and plan to start a trial soon.

Would be very grateful to you if you could share your experiences (good and bad). I am a little concerned over this notion that Pulse is a 'crippled tool'.

Thank in advance for your time.

Steve