Different result on different browsers

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
carrier_andrew
Jr. Propeller Head

Different result on different browsers

Post by carrier_andrew »

I'm using Flare V9, the issue I am having is with outputs generating different results on different browsers. All browsers have been cleared of cache and browser history before testing and taking these screenshots:

IE
IE.JPG
Chrome
Chrome.JPG
FireFox
FireFox.JPG

The obvious difference are the (I'm assuming) missing CSS details (No color to the headers) and the missing Togglers on FireFox. I know this may not be directly related to Flare, but if anyone can give me hand that would be appreciated.

Thank you,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Re: Different result on different browsers

Post by kwag_myers »

Try duplicating each property with a -moz- prefix, i.e., Mozilla Extension:

Code: Select all

h1
{
   background-color: #123456;
   -moz-background-color: #123456;
}
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard
Lybarger
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Lybarger »

Because Microsoft is phasing out Internet Explorer for Edge, I’m curious to know which browser currently works most smoothly with Flare.

I have also worked with Flare and Chrome. Which of these browsers is preferable, or should I use a different one entirely? In my past experience, Chrome didn’t work very well, but things may have changed since then. Any advice you can offer will be appreciated.
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Post by kwag_myers »

I've been using Firefox with Flare almost exclusively for years and don't recall having any browser-specific issues. However, I write for software developers, so I have to support the top four: IE, FF, Chrome, and Safari.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Lybarger wrote:Because Microsoft is phasing out Internet Explorer for Edge....
That is not entirely correct, IE11 is still included in Win10 and will be around for years. It is not the default browser on Win 10. Microsoft will phase out old IE11 versions within the next months, so for all practical purposes IE11 is the version of IE to target.
Besides that, after spending now weeks testing Edge I come to the conclusion that it is the same as IE11, it behaves the same and has the same flaws and bugs, plus plenty more stuff that is broken.
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Post by kwag_myers »

RamonS wrote:
Lybarger wrote:Because Microsoft is phasing out Internet Explorer for Edge....
...after spending now weeks testing Edge I come to the conclusion that it is the same as IE11, it behaves the same and has the same flaws and bugs, plus plenty more stuff that is broken.
The phrase, "Lipstick on a pig" comes to mind.