Can't Switch Back from HTML View to WYSIWYG

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
Ed the Editor
Jr. Propeller Head

Can't Switch Back from HTML View to WYSIWYG

Post by Ed the Editor »

A couple of days ago, my copy of Contributor suddenly started always showing topics in HTML view, rather than WYSIWYG view. Instead of something like...

Overview

The XYZ1234 is XYZ Corp’s entry level and midrange disk backup solution for protection across distributed corporate environments. The XYZ1234 disk-based backup appliance uses XYZ Corp’s patented technology to increase disk capacities by 10 to 50 times and make WAN replication a practical, cost-effective part of disaster recovery planning.

...it always displays something like

Code: Select all

<h1 Overview</h1>
            <p>The XYZ1234 is XYZ Corp’s entry level and midrange disk backup solution for protection across distributed corporate environments. The XYZ1234 disk-based backup appliance uses XYZ Corp’s patented technology to increase disk capacities by 10 to 50 times and make WAN replication a practical, cost-effective part of disaster recovery planning.</p>
In the Flare GUI, there are tabs for switching between these two views. But I haven't been able to find a toggle anywhere in the Contributor GUI, or in a Google search.

I've rebooted, then uninstalled and reinstalled Contributor twice, but the problem persists.

I'd greatly appreciate the help if anyone has a solution to this problem.
MonicaP
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Can't Switch Back from HTML View to WYSIWYG

Post by MonicaP »

From the top of Contributor there is an icon that when you hover over it, the hover message reads"Show Tags" when you are in WYSIWYG and when you are in HTML view it reads: "Toggle Show Tags". The KEY here is to CLICK on the Icon not the little black arrow next to the icon... because NONE of the selections in the context menu change the view. Its the clicking of the icon itself that flips you between WYSIWYG and HTML.
MonicaP
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Can't Switch Back from HTML View to WYSIWYG

Post by MonicaP »

In the icons across the top, find the one that when you hover reads: Toggle Show Tags. click the icon and you'll be back in WYSIWYG