Table header left and right borders using table style editor

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
craigorem10
Jr. Propeller Head

Table header left and right borders using table style editor

Post by craigorem10 »

I am just starting out in Flare and am trying to use the same table styles as we use in our Word documentation (see screenshot).
Table.png
In our table header rows, we have a left and right border, but no borders in between the columns. I really want to use the table style editor, but it does not let me set a left and right border for the header row.

I can add a left and right border to the table style that is created by the table style editor. However, if afterwards, I edit the table style using the table style editor, the border left and border right entries go away.

Is there a way to have our tables look like the screenshot using the table style editor?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Table header left and right borders using table style ed

Post by SteveS »

One workaround is to right click the left (and right) cells in the header row and select Cell... (Ctrl + Alt + B) from the context menu. You can then apply individual borders to mimic the Word table formatting.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Table header left and right borders using table style ed

Post by LTinker68 »

I tried th:first-child and th:last-child, but apparently last-child still isn't supported by most browsers. Which I don't get, since it's supposed to be in CSS3 and I thought modern browsers were up to CSS3 support, but maybe not. I didn't play with it that extensively, though, so perhaps something else was preventing it.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.