spell check with both global and project dictionaries

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
kkelleher
Sr. Propeller Head

spell check with both global and project dictionaries

Post by kkelleher »

I have a case where I need to use two different dictionaries to avoid adding a bunch of project-specific terms to the global dictionary. From the spell check UI and spelling options, I assumed you can only use one dictionary at a time (pity!), but then I saw this in the Flare 11 online help:
COMBINED DICTIONARY TERMS FOR SPELL CHECKING
You can even use a global dictionary as well a project dictionary. If this is the case, the Spell Check window pane combines and displays suggested spellings from both dictionaries, as well as from the built-in dictionary for that language.
But they don't say how, and I haven't been able to figure it out. I'm hoping it's something simple I've just overlooked....

Has anyone been able to use both a Global dictionary and a Project dictionary at once?

Thanks,

Kristen
Kristen Kelleher
Director of Tech Pubs, TIBCO Jaspersoft
Robotman
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: spell check with both global and project dictionaries

Post by Robotman »

My understanding is it is all automagically done. :P

If you have a global dictionary and a project dictionary, Flare checks both when performing a spell check.

To be able to do this, you need to have a global dictionary (In Flare, File > Options > Spelling tab) plus you need to have a project dictionary (click on an unrecognised word and add it to the project dictionary).
2016-03-29_9-13-54.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
\m/ Gary \m/
Flare 2024
Screaming Symphony
kkelleher
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: spell check with both global and project dictionaries

Post by kkelleher »

Thanks very much for replying! The way the interactive spell check window is arranged, I got confused about what the Dictionary drop-down controls. It's much clearer in the in-line spell check, so thanks for posting both pictures.

-Kristen
Kristen Kelleher
Director of Tech Pubs, TIBCO Jaspersoft