Undefined styles in the factory template

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
JohnBrewer
Jr. Propeller Head

Undefined styles in the factory template

Post by JohnBrewer »

I'm in the process of migrating from a tripane HTML5 layout to a top navigation layout, and I've encountered something strange.

During a run of Analyzer, it identified that I had several undefined styles. When I checked them out they were unfamiliar, so I did some digging. I eventually discovered that if I run Analyzer on any top navigation style factory template, it will show that there are undefined styles.

When I dig around in the files I seldom find actual references to the styles that Analyzer is flagging. (Some examples of these undefined styles are p.FrameFooterText, div-title-text, and div.black.)

This leads me to believe this might be a "greyware problem" and not something missing from the template. Has anyone encountered this before?

Thanks!
John
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Undefined styles in the factory template

Post by doc_guy »

Hi John,

Welcome to the MadCap forums!

When you run the report in Analyzer, pay attention to the style sheet that contains the undefined styles. Flare uses several in your project. You only need to worry about the undefined styles in the main style sheet that you are using/editing in your project. I have removed several styles, like some you pointed out, from my project with no negative side effects (the styles are, after all, undefined).

So I guess my suggestion is you can leave them alone, or, if they bother you, you can remove them. Either way should work and won't have a big effect on your project.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog