Bulk topic management?

jetboy2k
Propeller Head

Bulk topic management?

Post by jetboy2k »

We have a number of documents for which the same eight sections are for the printed manual output target only. For each document, we have to select a topic, select Printed Manual from the Platform dropdown list, and then repeat that for the other seven topics.

Is there way to assign all eight topics to the Printed Manual platform in a bulk operation?

Thanks.
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Bulk topic management?

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi,

actually, there is only one way I know that is simplier than what you described:
instead of marking the topic and assign a condition it is easier to enter the appropriate topic property in a blank paragraph after its heading.
Then you may copy this paragraph into your clipboard, open the other topics and insert the paragraph where it is needed.

Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
Jack Konings
Propeller Head

Post by Jack Konings »

Hi,

As an alternative, especially if the topics have the same titles and can be filtered easily in the Doc-To-Help project:
- Go to the tab 'Topics' in the Doc-To-Help project
- If possible, filter the topic list
- Select the desired topics using the CTRL-button (of course the topics must have already been added to the project, manually or with a build)
- Right mouse click --> Properties
- Then change the condition settings as required

Best regards
Jack
jetboy2k
Propeller Head

Post by jetboy2k »

Jack, thank you very much! The CTRL button solution was exactly what I needed. You've saved me a great deal of time, and it is greatly appreciated!
Jack Konings
Propeller Head

Post by Jack Konings »

You're welcome.

Best regards
Jack