Paragraph class misbehaving

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Mari0n
Propeller Head

Paragraph class misbehaving

Post by Mari0n »

I have a paragraph style p.note which has a background colour. I regularly apply this next to an image that has the FloatLeft property, as I like the visual effect of the background coming out from the back of the image. (see image)
However: in Flare 12 this p.note overlays the image in certain cases, namely when a span.itlaic is used in the (normal) text above the now offending paragrah.
This is really annoying in the resulting CHM. It can be 'fixed' when viewing the CHM by resizing the window, but really.....? Do I need to tell users to do this??
And the span.italic is there for a reason - I can't just get rid of it as it serves a purpose.
Does anyone else have this 'challenge'?
paragraph class not working.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Msquared
Propellus Maximus

Re: Paragraph class misbehaving

Post by Msquared »

I don't know if this would work, but there is a z-index property you can set in CSS. This specifies the order the layers of your content are stacked in. Higher numbers are closer to the reader, and lower numbers are closer to the back of the page.

So perhaps try setting a z-index value of 0 for the note and 1 for the image in your stylesheet?
Marjorie

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am.
Mari0n
Propeller Head

Post by Mari0n »

@Marjorie

That was a good thought, but unfortunately didn't work - the problem is that I want a span.italic in the text above the note. If I don't have that, there is no problem with the p.note appearing in the layer under the float.left image.
I've not experimented with formatting the span.italic with a z-index, as I feel that is too close to local formatting and I've no idea what else it would affect.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Try using overflow: auto - e.g.

Code: Select all

p.note
{
   overflow: auto;
}