V12 Update released June 1st

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
Techno
Sr. Propeller Head

V12 Update released June 1st

Post by Techno »

I applied the latest update to Flare 12, and all appeared to be OK. As we are using Source Control (GIT Server), we did a "Pull", and got the following message. Has anyone any idea what this means?

Background:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at B3.SourceSafeKit.GitProvider.FillItem(IUrl file, ISourceControlItem scItem, FileStatus stat)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.GitProvider.GetItem(IUrl file)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.SourceControlProvider.StartWatch(IUrl url, Boolean refreshing)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.SourceControlProvider.RefreshWatch(IUrl url, UpdateLocalVersionAction action)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.GitProvider.RefreshWatch(IUrl url)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.GitProvider.UpdateRepositoryStatus(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at B3.AppKit.CustomBackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd., U.K.
Lsawyer
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: V12 Update released June 1st

Post by Lsawyer »

I'm having issues getting it to install. It starts then it stops and says no changes where made. I've tried a few times.
ghillerson
Propeller Head

Post by ghillerson »

My install went fine, it seemed to work fine with Git, but every time I close a bound project or quit Flare after working on a bound project, it hangs up and Windows asks me to kill it.

This happens at the time when I'm used to Flare checking that things have been committed, so I'm guessing it relates to source control.

And this happens on both Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10
tacaha5
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by tacaha5 »

Techno wrote:I applied the latest update to Flare 12, and all appeared to be OK. As we are using Source Control (GIT Server), we did a "Pull", and got the following message. Has anyone any idea what this means?

Background:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at B3.SourceSafeKit.GitProvider.FillItem(IUrl file, ISourceControlItem scItem, FileStatus stat)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.GitProvider.GetItem(IUrl file)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.SourceControlProvider.StartWatch(IUrl url, Boolean refreshing)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.SourceControlProvider.RefreshWatch(IUrl url, UpdateLocalVersionAction action)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.GitProvider.RefreshWatch(IUrl url)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.GitProvider.UpdateRepositoryStatus(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at B3.AppKit.CustomBackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
I got this same message this evening. Anyone figure out what it means?
Techno
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Techno »

After a few more of these, we realised they usually occurred where there were updates of 40-50+ files. And some of those files can be 3-4,000 lines of code, usually tables.

I should say that the git server is in East coast USA and we are in the UK.

It's a pain, but we're tending to use "Git Bash" directly when faced with large updates.

However where possible, we do try to update on a more frequent basis.

George
George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd., U.K.