Mouse Scroll Wheel

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
Techno
Sr. Propeller Head

Mouse Scroll Wheel

Post by Techno »

We have Flare 12 (fully updated) on a Windows 7 Po desktop, and a Windows 10 Pro MacBook. The machines are running off a git server, and I'm hoping the following is my missing a local setting.

Am having to do extensive editing of the XML text code.

On both systems, we can use the mouse scroll wheel in the XML Editor view and the screen moves up and down just fine.

However, when in the Text Editor to amend code, the mouse scroll wheel works fine on Windows 10, but does not scroll on Windows 7.

We have swapped the mice between systems, and it makes no difference at all. Windows 7 still refuses to scroll in the Text Editor, but works fine in the XML Editor.

Flare is the only application I'm having this problem with on Windows 7.

FWIW, both mice are "Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse" - one is the 3000, the other a 4000.

Am I stupidly missing some setting somewhere?
George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd., U.K.
paintedturtle
Propeller Head

Re: Mouse Scroll Wheel

Post by paintedturtle »

Not sure if this is helpful info, but: I'm running Flare 12 (minus the update) on Windows 7 Pro and can scroll with a wireless Logitech mouse scroll wheel just fine in both the XML and Text Editors.

I can't, however, use the page down button on the keyboard with good results, which I've seen past posts that everyone has that problem. So Flare involves far more mouse use than I would like. Good luck getting it figured out!
Technical Writer using and experimenting with Flare version 12.0.5991.
Techno
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Techno »

Many thanks. Page Up and Down works OK here. Interesting. Guess it's time to report a bug.
George Bell
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Hey George, I too use a Microsoft wireless mouse 4000 with Flare 11 and Flare 12 on Windows 7. When editing in the text editor, I have no problems whatsoever scrolling up and down with the mouse wheel. I wouldn't suspect a Flare bug but instead a mouse issue. I know I'm about the ask a dumb question, but is the battery low? Seriously, a couple of weeks ago I was having all sorts of trouble with Flare hanging and I got really, really frustrated. Turns out, the mouse battery was just about depleted; once I replaced the battery, all was well and Flare ran as usual.

(And if not a battery issue, is there some mouse setting in Windows 7 that needs to be adjusted?)
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Techno
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Techno »

Sorry - battery was replaced. Madcap have suggested a few things to check out, and am waiting for an e-mail on what they suggest. I more than suspect now that this is a local issue.
George Bell