Word - Page break does not work in dropdown (Flare 2017)

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
RecPerch
Propeller Head

Word - Page break does not work in dropdown (Flare 2017)

Post by RecPerch »

Hi.

Using Flare 2017 and this isn't the first Word problem with that release (I mention this in case you're thinking of moving to 2017 and you rely on Word output).

I use a lot of dropdowns in my online help. My first-level dropdown equates to an h2 and my second-level dropdown equates to an h3 and the font difference between dropdown and heading works as expected in Word and PDF output (i.e., in Word and PDF the dropdowns look like an h2 and h3 heading, as appropriate).

I also have NewPage (page-break-before: always;) styles for both levels of dropdowns. Works fine in PDF (breaks the page for the heading/dropdown as expected). Does NOT work in Word.

Is this supposed to work in Word (i.e., there's nothing intrinsic in Word that would prevent a page break within a dropdown)? Anyone know if it worked in previous versions of Flare?

Thanks!

Gary
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Word - Page break does not work in dropdown (Flare 2017)

Post by wclass »

One possibility.
Is the page break on a heading that is inside a table?
In Word, page breaks will only be applied if they are in the first column of a table and not in a middle column (can be in any row).
(I don't know why, it's just a Word thing, and so would not be restricted to Flare 2017).
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
RecPerch
Propeller Head

Re: Word - Page break does not work in dropdown (Flare 2017)

Post by RecPerch »

Thanks. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), it's not in a table. I'll send in bug report.