Favicon & Icon sizes: Flare 2017r2

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
jbkalla
Propeller Head

Favicon & Icon sizes: Flare 2017r2

Post by jbkalla »

I love the new Favicon Skin options in Flare 2017r2, but I'm a bit unclear as to what sizes are optimal for all the settings. Here's what Flare tells me:
Browser Section:
  • Icon 16px square
    Icon 32px square
    Icon 96px square
    Shortcut icon ???px (I've been using a 256px square image, but I don't know what's optimal)
iOS/Android Section
  • App Icon 180px square
Windows Section
  • Small ??px (I've been using 128px square)
    Medium ??px (I've been using 256px square)
    Wide 558 x 270px
    Large ??px (I've been using 558px square)
I looked for more information on Microsoft's site, and was able to get a little, but not much. Any help somebody could provide would be useful. Also, does one of the icon settings show up as an app icon in macOS?

Thank you for any help you can provide! :)

Oh, also, I assume it's fine to use PNGs for the "Icons" in the Browser section, correct? Not ICO files? (assuming I don't allow Flare to auto-generate the images)
jbkalla
Propeller Head

Re: Favicon & Icon sizes: Flare 2017r2

Post by jbkalla »

From MadCap Support:
Hello John,

Thank you for Contacting MadCap Support.
1. Does one of the icon settings show up as an app icon in macOS? Yes, the icon will show up as an app icon in macOS.
2. I assume it's fine to use PNGs for the "Icons" in the Browser section, correct? Not ICO files? In the Master Favicon field, click and select an image—PNG, JPG, or GIF. (ICO files cannot be selected for the master favicon, but you can select an ICO file to override the master favicon in certain fields below- please visit the link below provided.)
http://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare201 ... ht=favicon

We do not have a specific recommended sizes for the shortcut icon and the small, medium, and large icon for the windows. Please alter the size based on your preferences for the icons.

Thank you,
Stephanie Koo
MadCap Technical Support