Excluding TOC entries in a PDF output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Matze
Sr. Propeller Head

Excluding TOC entries in a PDF output

Post by Matze »

Hi all,

I have been added one topic to two different TOC positions in my automatic generated PDF TOC proxy.

No I want to hide the second TOC entry. Is there a way to disappear / hide a topic title in a TOC?

Thx a lot.
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Excluding TOC entries in a PDF output

Post by devjoe »

In the TOC your PDF is based on, in the properties for the TOC entry you want to hide, on the Conditional Text tab, set a condition (such as ScreenOnly). In the PDF target, exclude that condition.
Matze
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Matze »

I think that doesn't work. When I set the respective TOC conditions to "Screen only", these topics will not published in the PDF.

But I want to publish the topics without TOC entry.
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by devjoe »

Oh. You actually do want to have the topic appear twice in your PDF output, but you only want to include it in the print TOC one of those times.

That's tricky. Generally, you can set the mc-heading-level attribute on a heading tag to control which level it appears at in the print TOC, and 0 means to exclude it.

However, if it is the same topic appearing twice, I am not sure you can do that differently between its two appearances. Since the topics are in the same output, conditions won't help. Your best hope is probably to make two copies of this topic (perhaps using a snippet to allow you to maintain only a single copy of most of the topic), and configure the heading separately in each instance.
teknikulriter
Propeller Head

Post by teknikulriter »

Right, but what if the PDF is a cover and doesn't include any of the heading styles?