What are the rules/restrictions when creating drop-downs?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
SDWriterClmt
Propeller Head

What are the rules/restrictions when creating drop-downs?

Post by SDWriterClmt »

I can't find anything about this in Madcap's Online Help. In some circumstances Flare won't let me create a drop-down (using the Ribbon). I'll select a heading for instance, plus some paragraphs below, and then the Drop-down Text button becomes disabled. I can't understand why. Flare doesn't like something about my selection. I've tried encapsulating the content within <div> tags in hopes of giving it some cohesion, but no joy. Does it simply not like tables or some other form of content?
SDWriterClmt
Propeller Head

Re: What are the rules/restrictions when creating drop-downs

Post by SDWriterClmt »

Meh. I dunno. I closed the topic and reopened it, made a few changes to a couple of other sections, and then tried again. This time Drop-Text was enabled and I could do it. Go figure.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Yep, it's always been like that. I believe it depends on what direction the wind is blowing and your sign of the zodiac.
Jbleasdale
Propeller Head

Post by Jbleasdale »

I've seen the same thing, I put it down to the XML window loosing focus and not regaining it correctly when you click in it again. This happens commonly when you work in the XML editor and text editor side by side. But it's probably a combination of other things too.

Dave is also right... wind direction very much affects this too :mrgreen:
Joe Bleasdale

My Linkedin